When And Why You Need The Services Of An Air Duct Cleaning Company
The general rule that “if something looks dirty, it probably is”, also applies to air ducts too; since a dirty air duct system need to be inspected routinely, if not then at least after a couple of months, by a certified commercial air duct cleaning company. The reason for this is that the dirt in air ducts tend to cling to duct surfaces, so if yours is covered with dirt, you can expect the dust levels in your home to rapidly increase.
I have never had my air ducts cleaned, what is it and how do they do it?
Does this sound like you? It is totally understandable since not many people are familiar with the products and services that can help improve the quality of indoor air.
A 10-Point Plan for Services (Without Being Overwhelmed)
Air duct cleaning pertains to the cleaning of the heating and cooling parts and component of an air system in your house; it can include but is not limited to the heating and cooling coils, supply and return air duct parts, drain or drip pans, grilles, diffusers, and more. If these pieces are not properly assembled, installed and maintained, then a build up of particles such as dust, pollen or debris is bound to happen. Not to mention that if these parts are constantly damp, molds and bacteria can grow quickly which may enter your living space. And it is common knowledge that exposure to these microorganisms can make people sick.
Why Services Aren’t As Bad As You Think
When Do You Need to have Your Air Ducts Cleaned?
1) You see that your air ducts are already infested with insects.
2) The air ducts seem congested and full of dust and dirt. Do not forget to inquire from your cleaning provider if they also offer mold treatment and air duct replacement services.
3) If you can already detect the growth of mold on your duct surfaces, it is time for a cleaning.
4) You want to improve the quality of your indoor air. Indoor air can easily be polluted due to various contaminants present such as dirt, dander, dust and even chemical which can circulate inside your house or be pulled into the air system.
5) Your objective is to save on energy consumption. If your cooling and heating system are blocked by dirt and dust, it has to double its efforts and doing so can shorten the life of your system as well as increase energy usage.
By maintaining your forced air systems always clean and checked routinely, then you do not have to worry about it operating on a heavy load or use energy higher than usual, cutting down on your energy costs.